Do you know that Fiverr is one of the best ways to make money online from Nigeria? In fact, you can earn in two ways – one as a Fiverr seller and two as a Fiverr affiliate. Many people who know about Fiverr know they can make money from Fiverr by selling their services (called gigs) on Fiverr, but not many people know about the Fiverr affiliate program.
Many Nigerians never even bothered about checking out their affiliate program because they feel such a huge company will not accept them easily…we all know applying for some affiliate programs can be a rigorous process. Surprisingly, the Fiverr affiliate program is very easy to join. There are no requirements, no waiting period, just sign up and start promoting.
In this article, I’ll walk you down everything you need to know about the Fiverr affiliate program so that you’ll be properly guided.
PS: The Fiverr affiliate account is separate from the normal Fiverr account. So you can sign up for Fiverr Affiliates even though you have an existing Fiverr account because the affiliate program works independently from the regular account.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is an online marketplace that allows freelancers to sell their services to buyers who are in need of such services.
- The freelancers are called Fiverr sellers
- The services offered by freelancers are called gigs
- The buyer is called a buyer
If you are good at designing logos, you can sign up to Fiverr and create a gig showing what you can do and how much you will charge per service. Buyers who are looking for such services can see your gig and may decide to engage your services.
One of the great things about Fiverr is that you can get the services you want for as low as $5. You can still sell your gigs for more than $5 if you want.
But this is not what this blog post is about today. We will not be discussing how to make money from Fiverr by selling your services there. Today, we will be looking specifically at how to make money with Fiverr Affiliate Program.
What is Fiverr Affiliate Program and How Does Fiverr Affiliate Work?
The Fiverr Affiliate Program works the same way most affiliate marketing programs work.
- You sign up for the Fiverr Affiliate Program
- You get your unique affiliate link, banners, and other promotional materials
- You start promoting Fiverr using the unique affiliate link
- You earn money each time someone signs up to Fiverr and purchases a service using your unique affiliate link.
These unique links are your affiliate links and are tracked to determine which customers visited their website through your blog, social, or wherever you promoted the link.
One of the best ways to promote your Fiverr affiliate links is on your blog.
Pro tip: Writing engaging, well-researched, and informative content on your blog to promote Fiverr services will increase your chances of converting your blog visitors.
Later in this article, we will look at more ways you can promote your Fiverr affiliate links.
What kind of services are offered on Fiverr
There are a vast number of services that are offered on Fiverr. By knowing about some of the services offered on Fiverr, you get an idea of the kind of people you should promote to which are people who are in need of these kinds of services.
And from the list below, you can tell that it covers a wide range of people who might requires these services. This is why it will be easy for you to get people to sign up because you know many people who have businesses will want to get these services.
- Graphics and Design: Game Design, Logo Design, Business Cards & Stationary Design, Illustration, Web & mobile Design, and many more.
- Digital Marketing: Includes: SEO, Content Marketing and Video Marketing.
- Writing & Translation: Articles and Blog Posts, Cover Letters, Resumes, Technical Writing, Translation, Speechwriting and More.
- Video & Animation: Whiteboard & animated explainers, Video Editing Logo Animation, 3D Product Animations, Lyric & Music Videos and many more.
- Music & audio: Mixing & Mastering Voice Overs, Mixing & Mastering Producers & Composers Singer-Songwriters Sound Effects and many more.
- Programming & Tech: WordPress. Website Builders & CMS. Game Development. Web Programming. Mobile Apps & Web.
- Business: Virtual Assistant, Market Research, Product Research, and Branding Services..
- Lifestyle: Online Lessons and Arts & Crafts. Gaming, Greeting Cards & Videos. Collectibles.
- E-Commerce: Website Creation, Store Creation, Website Design, and Web Analytics. Short Video Ads.
- Gaming: Game Design, Game Development, Game Design, and User Testing.
The Fiverr Affiliate Program Plans
When you have signed up and become a Fiverr affiliate, you will find out that there are various plans you choose from. Each plan caters to a different audience. As such, their links lead to a different Fiverr landing page. The type of plan you choose depends on the kind of audience your ar promoting to.
Below are some of the plans you find.
- Fiverr: This link will land your visitor on the main homepage of Fiverr. This page allows you to promote various services freelancers offer.
- Fiverr Pro: This plan caters to Fiverr’s quality assurance team and hand-picks talented freelancers. The freelancers in Fiverr Pro are highly-rated and often charge more for their services. You can choose to promote them if your audience is more interested in quality services and doesn’t mind the cost. As an affiliate you also earn more from promoting Fiverr Pro since most of the services are expensive.
- Fiverr Business: This plan caters to freelancer-based businesses. It is designed to facilitate collaboration and project management for organizations.
- Learn from Fiverr: This plan is suitable for those who are specialists in education or learning niches. Here, you can find courses in creativity, professional development, and digital marketing.
- AND CO: This is an app by Fiverr that helps businesses to manage their workloads, send invoices and create proposals. If your content or audience needs such an app, you can promote it to them.
PS: You are not restricted to any particular plan and can promote any of these plans depending on the content you have on your blog or the audience you are promoting to.
What Promotional Tools Are Available?
Fiverr’s affiliate marketing program provides many promotional tools to help you promote your affiliate marketing tools. They are:
Click the “All Links” tab in the “Marketing Tools” segment to access your dashboard and get affiliate links. To allow your visitors to purchase Fiverr Gigs through your blog, you must include the links in your web content.
Fiverr offers affiliate banners you can add on to your blog or website. When your visitors click on the banners and make a purchase, you earn commissions. Banners can be used to create appealing, highly-engaging ads that increase conversion rates.
Who can sign up for Fiverr’s Affiliate Program?
Anybody can join Fiverr’s affiliate program from any country inclucing Nigerians! Fiverr is available in more than 160 countries around the world!
Sign up is free and easy. You will receive a link to promote on your site after signing up. You get paid every time a new buyer clicks your link and purchases on Fiverr.
What if I already have a Fiverr Account?
No problem! The Fiverr Affiliate account operates separately from your regular Fiverr account that you use for buying services or selling gigs. So you still need to create a Fiverr Affiliate account – sign up for Fiverr affiliate and start promoting.
The Fiverr Affiliate Commission Structure
Fiverr’s affiliate program offers a flexible commission structure that encourages flexibility.
There are two types of the Fiverr affiliate commission structure – the CPA model and the Hybrid or Revenue Sharing Model. Fiverr states that affiliates have the option of choosing a cost-per-acquisition (CPA) or a revenue share commission model.
Let’s take a look at the features of these two models.
The CPA Model
Under the CPA model, Fiverr pays you commissions that range from $15 to $50 whenever your visitor signs up and makes a transaction (either by buying services or selling).
The amount of commission you earn depends on which service category your visitor purchases from. Here is the Fiverr affiliate commission rate you will get based on their service category.
- $150 Commission: This is the maximum amount of commission you can earn. This applies to Fiverr Pro services. Fiverr Pro has the most talented freelancers in the industry, who charge more than the standard service. You’ll earn higher commissions if you promote Fiverr Pro.
- $50 commission: Game development and architecture, interior design, book & ebook writing, whiteboard & animated explainers
- $40 commission: Web builders & CMS, Mobile apps, WordPress, Web & mobile design, E-commerce development
- $30 commission: Web content, Data analysis, 3D models & product design, Search engine marketing (SEM), Proofreading & editing
- $25 commission: Articles & blog posts, Virtual assistant, Translation, Voiceover
- $15 commission: This is the lowest possible commission. This applies to services the company doesn’t consider related with the above-mentioned commission amounts.
The Hybrid Model
Fiverr affiliates can earn $10 CPA on first-time orders and 10% revenue share for every sale a customer refers to within the next 12 months.
Which Commission Model is Better?
Practically speaking, neither one of the commission models is superior to the other. There are some situations where one model might be better than the other.
When choosing between the services, you should take into account your audience type, price point, and promotion method.
The CPA model might be better if
- Your audience is only interested in a specific service and is likely to buy it only once.
- Your audience is interested in cheap or inexpensive services.
- You are running a paid promotion for it.
The hybrid model, on the other hand, would be more effective if:
- You might find that your audience will likely buy more services in the future.
- Your target audience is less price-conscious
- You rely solely on organic promotional methods.
What is The Minimum Withdrawal Threshold?
The minimum withdrawal threshold for Fiverr affiliates is $100 and you can withdraw to either your PayPal or Payoneer account.
For all Nigerians, opening a Payoneer account is a must. See how you can open a Payoneer account for free.
How to join the Fiverr affiliate program.
Anybody can join Fiverrs affiliate program by following these steps
Step 1. Visit the Fiverr affiliate login page.
Step 2. Simply click the “Join Now”, or “Start Earning Now” button and provide all the required information.
Step 3. Go to the “Marketing Tools” section of the dashboard to get your affiliate links or promotional banners.
Step 4. Start promoting
How do I promote Your Fiverr Affiliate Link and Make Money
So you have signed up as a Fiverr affiliate and gotten your affiliate link. Next, is to start promoting to make money.
The best thing about the Fiverr affiliate program is the fact that you don’t need a website to promote and make money. However, as with all affiliate marketing promotions, having your own blog is a great strategy.
#1. Promote via Blogging
Blogging is a great way to promote Fiverr’s Affiliate Program. You can write content about Fiverr’s services, courses, software or do reviews. Then embed your affiliate links within your blog content and also embed the fiverr affiliate banners on your blog. You can then drive traffic to your site organically through SEO and Social Media Marketing.
The knowledge of SEO is critical to the success of blogging as it will help your blog to rank and attract traffic naturally from search engines. Learn more about SEO here.
#2. Promote on Facebook
You can also promote your affiliate links on Facebook in many ways. You can make a post on your profile page, or business page. A good tactic will be to find and comment on people’s job posts. If you find someone looking for a video editor for instance, you can send the person the link on video editors on Fiverr.
PS: You can specifically promote individual services using the deep linking structure within your affiliate dashboard. Deep linking allows you to send your visitors to a specific service category page. This way, if you are promoting logo design services, you can directly send them to the logo design page.
Another way to promote your affiliate link on Facebook is by sharing it on relevant Facebook groups. Be careful not to spam the group as you could get banned on groups and Facebook might also penalize you.
PRO TIP: I don’t advise you to share your affiliate links directly on Facebook as Facebook doesn’t like affiliate links. Instead, create a page on your blog or website with your affiliate links and share the page on Facebook.
#3. Promote on Twitter
Another way to promote your affiliate links is on Twitter. Though Twitter has been temporarily banned in Nigeria, you can still access it via VPN. You can share your affiliate links directly on Twitter. Unlike Facebook, Twitter doesn’t ban you for sharing affiliate links directly.
You can also find people who are looking for certain services offered on Fiverr and promote to them.
#4. Promote on Linkedin
LinkedIn is another social group you can promote your affiliate links on. It is mostly comprised of career minded individuals and businesses and will be a great place to market professional services on. Be careful when promoting on LinkedIn so as not to appear unprofessional and spammy.
#5. Promote on Quora and other forums
Forums like Quora are another great place to promote your affiliate links. Quora is a question and answer forum and a great place to find questions related to certain services on Fiverr and recommend Fiverr services in your answers.
#6. Promote via Email marketing
If you have an email list, you can easily promote fiverr to your email list.
Fiverr Referral VS Affiliate Program
Fiverr offers both an affiliate program and a referral program.
The referral program is available once you sign up for the normal Fiverr account. It is not the same thing as the Fiverr affiliate program. The payment structure is different and you don’t get any promotional tools.
Referring someone to Fiverr using the referral program will earn you 20% on their first order. Buyers will also receive a 20% discount. You can also make as much as $100 per customer.
Fiverr Affiliate Program is a program that has been created specifically for bloggers, website owners, YouTubers and Social Influencers. You can earn between $15-$50 on the CPA model or $10 plus 10% for 12 months on the Hybrid model.
The Fiverr Affiliate Program is undoubtedly better than the referral program.