The Remita website is a place where a lot of official and unofficial transactions are being made. If you are in Nigeria, you will have been forced to use the Remita website one way or the other.
This is because many government institutions and corporate bodies us it to collect payments and bills from their clients. One of the most popular uses of the Remita website is in the payment of school fees in many Nigerian universities. Some popular schools that use it are the University of Nigeria, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, etc. These schools usually use the Remita website to collect school fees or other dues.
What is the Remita website all about?
The Remita website is an electronic payment platform by SystemSpecs that helps individuals and companies to make and receive payments from all banks, irrespective of their location. It is one of the first Fintech companies to make waves in Nigeria. In my opinion, I believe Remita was a wake-up call to Nigerians who before its inception relied heavily on traditional payments to embrace a different way of sending and receiving payments.
The first flagship product of SystemSpecs is the Remita website, and the platform is used even by the Central Bank of Nigeria to collect funds and pay into the Treasure Single Account (TSA) of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Today, Remita is used in Nigeria by all 22 commercial banks as well as over 400 micro-finance banks.
Remita allows you to see all of your bank balances from multiple banks on one screen. You can also view transaction reports, pay bills and view detailed transactions on the go.
Read Also: Abeg App Review: What Is It All About?
How to Use The Remita Website
The first step to use the Remita website to make payments, especially for higher institution school fees, is to generate the RRR, which is the Remita Retrieval Reference. The RRR is a unique number that allows transactions to be easily tracked on the platform.
To generate your RRR:
- Visit www.remita.net
- Click on the icon “Pay FGN or State TSA”
- Choose “Federal Government of Nigeria” if you are looking for a Federally owned school.
- You will see a new tab open on your screen. Here you can enter the name of the institution.
- Choose the purpose of payment, e.g. “UNIZIK School fees”
- Please enter the amount and other information required to display it.
- To automatically generate an RRR code, click on the Proceed button
- Your screen will display the RRR code.
- Once the RRR code has been generated, payment can be made
- Click on the button below to pay instantly.
- Remita accepts debit/credit cards, mobile wallet, and other forms of payment
- A e-invoice automatically generates and is sent to your email address
- You can pay later using the e-invoice. To do this, go to the website again and select the icon “Pay a Biller”. Next, click the option ‘Pay an e-invoice’. Enter the RRR, fill out the details, then click “Submit”.
- The same RRR code can be used to pay at any national commercial or microfinance bank.
- Remita issues an electronic receipt for each successful transaction
- You can print your Remita payment receipt after you have made payment to the bank.
How to Confirm Payment on Remita
These are the steps to confirm your remittance payment
- Visit the Remita website first.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the link “Pay an invoice” to open it.
- Enter the RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) number. It contains 12 symbols.
- Once you have filled out all required data, click the “Continue” button.
One of these messages will go to you after the Remita payment confirms.
- The message – “This reference payment was processed” means the payment has been made successfully.
- The message – “Remita Payment Page will Load Up for You to Continue or Complete the Payment Process” means the payment has not been initialized or isn’t successful.
- The message – “This reference is not available, please verify and try again” means you failed because the RRR numbers were not entered correctly.
What Are Remita Charges?
Remita charges you for every transaction you make on the Remita website.
- Regular Collection: 1.5% of transaction amount subject to a maximum N2,000 transaction. N300 is required to pay fees for educational institutions.
- Payroll Setup: N500 per Employee (Payable only when an employee is enrolled).
- Payroll Processing (Employees or Pensioners): N250 per Transaction
- Payment of Salaries and Pensions: N100 for each transaction
- Payments to Vendors or other Third Parties: N100 per Million, subject to a maximum N5,000 per transaction.
- Direct Debit/Standing order: N100 per transaction
- Schedule Delivery: N2,500 per Schedule per Recipient.
- Self Service: N50 per employee per month.
- Performance appraisal: N50 per month per employee.
- Claims processing: N50 per employee per month.
- Leave: N50 per employee per month.
- Collections (Pre Credit Deduction): 1% from the loan amount
These fees are charged per record and for each batch of transactions you process.
How to retrieve your payment receipt/invoice
- Visit www.remita.net
- Click the icon that says “Resend Receipt/Invoice”
- Enter the Remita Retrieval Reference.
- To send the receipt back to the original email address, click “Resend” or “send to an alternative email” to resend it to another email address.
- Add the amount to be paid and an alternate email address to receive the receipt.
- Click on Submit
- You will receive the invoice or receipt via email to the address provided
You can visit helpdest.remita.net to find out the details or send an email at [email protected] if you are unable to remember them.
How to Contact Remita
You can find information on how to contact them on the Remita website footer area.
Their address is Plot B22 Chief Yesufu Abiodun Oniru Road Oniru Lagos, Nigeria.
Support phone numbers: +2341-6367000, +234700-7877678, or [email protected]
Summary of the Remita Website Review
The Remita website can be a little overwhelming to use but once you have a hang of it, you’ll be good. It mostly favours businesses, corporate institutions, and the government as it creates an easy platform for them to get their clients to pay for their services or products. Also, it makes it easy for them to track every payment – thanks to the RRR integration. Customers can not pay their bills faster using the Remita website.