The Umba mobile loan and digital bank, formerly known as the Mkopo-kaka app, is an online digital banking app that allows you to get low-interest loans.
The Umba loan app, was established in Kenya in 2018. It has since expanded to other parts of Africa, including Nigeria. The goal is to reach many people and meet their financial needs.
Umba has an official website (www.umba.com). You can also apply from their mobile app. To get their Umba mobile app, you can search for it from the Google play store or download it directly from here.
How does the Umba Loan App work in Nigeria?
Umba, originally founded in Kenya, joined the Nigerian Quick Loan Market and has since been a major player in the Nigerian Quick Loan Market.
Umba Loan App has nearly the same experience working as any other loan app.
Umba Loan App Download
You can download the Umba loan app for Android on Google Play Store. It is not available for iOS users.
Features of the Umba App
- Zero fees on transactions made on the Umba App. Umba believes that banks should be able to help you save money and grow your account and not remove from it. So they have removed unnecessary bank transaction fees.
- Easily get a loan
- Low-interest rates on loans.
- Spend and earn. You can earn by referring a friend to get up to 5% cash back for every bill you pay. You can see how much you have earned in the Rewards tab.
- Safety. There is strong security in place to make sure that no one else can access your funds. Your money is treated with the same respect we do.
- Nice UX Design. The app’s mobile interface is very good.
Umba Loan App Contact Page
Surprisingly, Umba doesn’t have a contact page which i consider to be a red flag.
Read Also: Renmoney Loan App Review: Is it Reliable?
How do I borrow money from Umba Loan App
Umba loan app allows you to borrow money. If you choose to use their official website, umba.com you must be at least 18 years old.
PS: Loans are not yet available for Kenyans. Only Nigerians.
The following documents will be required for the process.
- You must have a valid phone number.
- Your NIN number (National Identity Number) will also be required. If you do not have a valid NIN, you should go and register for one.
- Your BVN: To confirm the validity and accuracy of the entered information, a valid bank verification number, BVN, is required.
Who owns the Umba loan app?
Barry O’Mahony and Tiernan Kennedy founded Umba.
How to refer and earn on Umba loan app
Many apps now offer a referral feature, which allows customers to make money by referring their friends. Umba Loan app and the digital app are no exception. You can refer a friend and earn #500 per referral.
How to create an account on Umba Loan App
This guide will show you how to sign up for the Umba loan app.
Step 1. Download the Umba mobile app
Step 2. Sign up and fill in the required info. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully to avoid any regrets.
Step 3. You will be asked to create a unique 4-digit PIN to sign up. This pin can be used to log in anytime you want to use the app, as well as protect your account against unauthorized users and scammers.
Step 4. Verify your email.
How to Login to Umba Loan App
This guide will show you how to log in to the Umba loan app.
To access your account, click on the Umba Loan App. Log in with your pin.
If you have forgotten your pin, click “forgot my pin” and follow they instructions to get a new one.
After you have met all requirements for the Umba app loan payment, your loan will be on its way.
Is Umba loan app or umba.com legit or Scam?
Umba loan app is not scam. However, as with all financial endeavors, I advise you proceed with care.